AllBetterCare has met the criteria for becoming a Certified Urgent Care Center as defined by the Urgent Care Association of America;
AllBetterCare Urgent Care center has received Certification of Category 1 Center: Licensed physicians (MD/DO) on site during all posted hours of operation
All facilities, regardless of staffing model, must meet or exceed all of the minimum criteria below.
1. Facility must accept and advertise that walk-in patients of all ages are accepted for a broad spectrum of illness, injury and disease during all hours the facility is open to see patients.
Pediatric specialty centers are exempt from above age requirement IF pediatric-only specialization is included in the name of the facility.
2. The following must be available during all posted hours of operation for the facility:
X-ray on site
Phlebotomy services on site
Licensed provider on site with the appropriate state licenses and resources to:
obtain and read an EKG and x-ray on site
administer PO, IM & IV medication/fluids on site
perform minor procedures (ex. sutures, cyst removal, incision & drainage, splinting) on site
The following equipment, and staff trained in its use:
automated external defibrillator (AED) (or more advanced device)
oxygen, ambu-bag/oral airway
drug cart stocked appropriately for patient population (as determined by the facility)
working phone to dial 911
At least two exam rooms, separate waiting area and restricted access patient restrooms
3. Minimum hours of operation (must meet all three criteria)
7 days/week (not including national holidays)
4+ hours each day
3000 hours per year
Alternatively, special circumstances will be considered for a facility if all of the following are met (see application):
Facility is part of a multi-center system
Facility is open 5+ days/week (not including national holidays)
Another facility that is part of the same system meets standard minimum hours of operation criteria [Criteria 3] AND is less than or equal to five miles away
4. Facility must have a licensed physician designated as Medical Director for the facility who is responsible for overall clinical quality.
5. Facility must provide medical care and perform business activities in an ethical manner.